untitled
Originally uploaded by theurbankazoo.

The Orange Kazoo : Literally Lost in Translation...

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

Literally Lost in Translation...

Oh my God...oh my God. You'll never believe!
Let me give you the backdrop story first, then I'll fill you in on what has me so unhappy.
Before I left home, my mother used to always joke about how my roomate at Annsonia Abby was going to be this girl named Mayuko who barely spoke English and always "accidentally" got me in trouble with my mom by picking up my phone and being like, "Oh, hi Mrs. Busby! Jill out prostituting. You want me tell her call you when she gets in?" You get the idea?
So anyway, I'd always laugh and sorta add to the stories and all that. Well, today I moved into Annsonia Abby and I get to the front desk and the woman's like, "Let me call your roomate first and tell her that you're here. She's from Japan." Already I'm thinking what a coincedence that is. Then I get up to the room and I see her. She's exactly as my mom said she would be...down to the detail of her favorite color being pink! And I'm hesitant by now, but I go ahead and ask her what her name is. What does she reply? What does she reply? MAYUKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?! What kind of crap is that? Besides the fact that this living situation is going to be unbearable, I think the spirits of the paranormal have taken over my mom!!!!! You guys, this is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. A girl like that probably doesn't even know what a kazoo IS! Let alone an URBAN kazoo!
Luckily, by the time I left the room after meeting her, walked Kim down to her car, and called my mother to tell her about how she had cursed me...Mayuko was gone. Sadly enough for her, I don't think she exactly loves ME either. SO what are we to do? Make due I guess. It all just seems so odd.
SO besides my mom being a frightening lady, nothing else has really happened yet. But be sure to check the site later for the update on what actually will happen when Mayuko comes back and we have to TALK. The horror.

Comments:
Neat.
 
I'm sure LJ (http://www.livejournal.com/users/akaneko/) could help you out with some transalations.
 
man, i really need to visit san fran and meet some of these wacky characters.
 
Wow! Well, at least you don't have to spend too much time there once classes start! And who knows, maybe you two will actually find something in common once you get to know eachother. Hope so for your sake anyway!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?